Sunday, August 01, 2010

I write like Cory Doctorow


I write like
Cory Doctorow

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!



Interesting. I know who Cory is, and have even heard him speak, but haven't ever read something he's written.

So just for fun I analyzed another passage and got:


I write like
George Orwell

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!




I assume this site refers mostly to top authors... I mean who'd like to be told "I write like Edward George Bulwer-Lytton"?

To test that hypothesis, I plugged in some of the worst writing I could think of (not mentioning any names) and out popped... David Foster Wallace. I put a Wikipedia link on that since I didn't recognize the name at first. Wikipedia refreshed my memory. I've never read anything by Mr. Wallace either, but given the person who was said to write like him, I don't think I'll be in any rush to check him out...

Update:

Another name I should check out just occurred to me – that of a person who happens to be a well-known and much celebrated contemporary science writer, but whose prose I don't much care for either and got... David Foster Wallace. Hmm. I see a pattern here and am even more convinced to give Mr. Wallace's works a pass...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home