Tuesday, June 09, 2009

What I'm (going to be) reading

Just ordered a few books from Amazon. Light summer reading. Occurred to me that others might be interested, so here's the list. Since I haven't even received them yet, I can't promise they'll be good, but they all seem intriguing...

• Marcus Du Sautoy – Symmetry: A Journey into the Patterns of Nature

• Mary Roach – Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex

• Clay Shirky – Here Comes Everybody: The Power of Organizing Without Organizations

• Susan Jacoby – The Age of American Unreason

• John Brockman, ed. – Science at the Edge: Conversations with the Leading Scientific Thinkers of Today

• Marvin Minsky – The Emotion Machine: Commonsense Thinking, Artificial Intelligence, and the Future of the Human Mind

• Frank Wilczek – Lightness of Being: Mass, Ether, and the Unification of Forces

• Laurent Schwartz – Cancer: Between Glycolysis and Physical Constraint

• Lauren Pecorino – Molecular Biology of Cancer: Mechanisms, Targets, and Therapeutics

Any comments or suggestions?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Brian Heard said...

You are light on evolution. I would add "Your Inner Fish" by Neil Shubin.

Brian Heard.

6/21/2009 12:26:00 AM  
Blogger Charles Daney said...

You are light on evolution. I would add "Your Inner Fish" by Neil Shubin.



Fair point, and thanks for the suggestion. Of course, I was simply listing some recent books that looked interesting to me. I've already read plenty about evolution.

6/21/2009 08:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home